I challenge you to get to know yourself and to Find Your Identity.
Experience is a good teacher. Together with some self-reflection every now and then, you have a winning combination. That’s how you grow and how you reach for greatness!
Self-knowledge is one of the keys to success. The better you know yourself, the better you can react and interact with the world. It can learn you how to manage yourself in difficult situations. In order to get the life you want, you have to know what you want. So you can go straight in the right direction.
Find out what works for YOU, not what anyone else says or wants for you. You are the expert of your own life. It’s all about figuring out what the things are that you value the most. What you want to do in your life, what your passions are and what’s blocking you to achieve your dreams. With this knowledge, you can create the life you want. It’s not always an easy or comfortable thing, but it’s definitely worth it.
When you go to a coach, they will help you find out these aspects. Coaches can see things different from another point of view, which is one of the advantages of having a personal coach. But you don’t necessary have to go to a coach to get to know yourself. You can also use some sort of self-coaching. Below you will find examples of questions you should ask yourself that can and will help you in this quest to find yourself.
These identity questions will help you along.
– What gives you energy?
– What drains your energy?
– What would you do it you weren’t afraid?
– Fill in: today, I’m one day closer too..
– If people don’t have the ability to judge you, what would you do?
– If you got the money, what would you do?
– Who really matters in your life?
– Pick a goal. On a scale from 1 to 10, where are you? What do you need to upgrade?
– If one day you wake up, and your whole life is perfect, how would it be? What’s changed?
– What are 10 things you’re grateful for in your life right now?
– What do you might regret not having done when you’re old?
– What fears are holding you back?
– If your happiness and life are your responsibility, what would you do differently?
– If you could go back in time and meet your younger self, what advice would you give him or her?
– How could you love yourself more?
– In 5 years from now, how do you want to be or live?
– If you could learn yourself any skill, what would it be?
– Did you ever had an idea you were so excited about? How is that idea going right now?
– Is there another approach you can use? What would change if you apply this?
– What are 5 compliments you’d like to hear from other people about you?
– What are the things you’re in control of in your life? What things not?
– If you could remove a thing in your life, what would it be?
– What is it you didn’t let go yet that’s only hurting you?
– What are the triggers that makes you motivated?
– Who inspires you? Why?
– What’s something you’ve always wanted to do but never did?
– What assumptions are you using as excuses? Are they true?
– Which people are helping you to get better and are supporting you through everything?
– If your friends should describe you as a friend, how do you want it to be?
– What’s something in the past that has made you the person you are today?
Can you answer these identity questions? It may not seem as much but if you can, you’re on your way to a bright future. If you know yourself and know what you want in life you can achieve everything. Nothing seems impossible then!
If not, work on it. Take some time for yourself and think about your life. Ask yourself these questions over and over again until you know where you stand in this life. It’ll take some time but you’ll get out stronger by spending some time on these simple questions.