We’re going to give you three different recipes so you can make your own protein bars focused on your goal.
Why should I want to make my own protein bars you ask?
Well first of all, they’re a LOT cheaper then buying them. Second, you know what’s in them and third, you can tailor them to your specific goal.
If something says protein you can’t automatically assume that it’s good for you. A lot of protein bars you buy in your local fitness shop are full of refined sugars, it’s like an expensive candy bar with protein.
That’s why I’m going to give you some healthy and easy prepared alternatives :
1. The chocolate peanut protein bar
(Makes 5 Bars)
– 8 scoops chocolate protein powder
– 1 cup oatmeal
– 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
– 3 tbsp honey
– 1/2 cup 1% milk
– 3 tbsp crushed peanuts
1. Mix together the protein powder, oatmeal, peanut butter, honey and milk.
2. Form into 5 bars and then roll in the crushed peanuts to finish.
3. Place in the fridge for about 30-45 mins or until solid
(Per Serving – 1 Bar)
I got this recipe from the muscle cook (aka Dave Ruel)
2. The low fat banana protein bar
ingredients : 1 scoop banana Protein powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Splenda (it’s a sweetener)
- 1 cup Oats
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
Mix the egg whites and uncooked oatmeal. Add the remaining ingredients.
Spray a nonstick cooking spray in a baking dish. Spread the mixture in an even layer over the bottom of the dish. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the edge starts to pull away from the sides of the dish.
It only contains 70 calories and 1.5g of fat.
It’s a great option when you’re cutting.
Last but not least
3. The chocolate protein energy bar
1/3 cup oats
- 3 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup dry nonfat dry milk
- 1/3 cup each: sunflour seeds, dried cranberry, coconut flakes
- 4 tbs peanut butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
This only takes around 5 minutes to prepare, yes it’s that easy.
You need an oil square baking pan, mix all dry ingredience, mix water and vanilla until it’s smooth. Throw it into the pan and refrigerate for two hours. Cut and individually wrap them, This’ll get you around 5-6 bars.
Well there you have it : easy, cheap and healthy protein bars.
If you’re interested in more protein recipes let us know in the comment section below.